Even used it for my bike ride in to work today!
There she is! My mom had a really cool grommet/snap/eyelet kit thingy so I went over to my folks' last night to use it and spend some quality time with theonlymom! (We watched The Help. I totally cried.) Anyway, after about an hour of trying to figure out the grommet maker thing and royally screwing it up a few times we finally got it right. Lord what a trial that was.
So anyway, as I mentioned Wednesday I made this guy out of some old pants.
What you can't see is he massive hole in the seat of these pants. Heh.
I cut the legs off and spread them out and cut them down to the size I wanted with some seam allowance. Far too much seam allowance apparently I ended up cutting a lot more off later. But better than not enough.
Right by the knees of the pants were these really weird lining things I discovered. Reinforcement I guess. But for the inside of the bag they make really sweet pockets!!! A very happy surprise indeed!
Before attaching the pieces together I made my corduroy flower, and sewed those pieces onto the front.
Flower, also from blown out corduroy pants!
Then I sewed the halves together, right side in (obviously) leaving more seam allowance at the top for the drawstring sleeves. I folded the top edges over twice and sewed that down leaving a sleeve. Then I made two diagonal lines along the bottom corners to separate the sections where the grommets would go.
All this up until here was done Tuesday night. It took me a total of maybe 2 hours. Then last night, as I mentioned, the grommets were installed
Then I put the cord through the sleeves and tied it down by the grommets and that's it!! Ta-Da!!!
Naturally the flower is slightly off center and too close to the top, just enough to really irritate my OCD nature.
Super easy and a lot of fun. And incredibly useful. Big enough for my purse, a book and a couple other small things for my comings and goings on my bike! And impossibly adorable.
That's it! Happy Friday all, have a wonderful weekend!