Holiday edition! We're having our annual company party today so I'm in the winter spirit.
1. What’s your favorite kind of cookie? Bonus points if it’s one you only make / eat at the holidays.
Snickerdoodles and/or sugar cookies. I eat them all year though. but as far as my mom's Christmas cookies, the cut-out sugar cookies with icing. Cookies and icing are all made form scratch. YUMMIE!!!
2. Do you have a favorite song that only gets played around this time of year, and if so, what is it?
Hmmmm. I kinda like John Lennon's "Happy X-mas (war is over) song. ("so this is Christmas") It makes me happy and sad all at once. And I have a special place in my heart for Dan Fogleberg's "Same Old Lang Syne." I know, judge me all you want.
3. What’s your favorite holiday movie or TV special?
Um is there any other? A Christmas Story!!! And any cheesy awful movie on the Hallmark channel.
4. Do you send out holiday cards?
Every year I have the intention to send out cards with my cat on them with her usual pissed off look of disdain that say "Merry friggin Christmas or whatever" on them. And I have yet to do this. Next year....
5. Big parties, or sitting at home by the (possibly metaphorical) fire?
Smaller intimate gatherings please. Except for New Year's Eve. I hate NYE with every fiber of my being and refuse to celebrate it. So that's sitting quietly at home.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend! Love to all!