5 Destinations I NEED to Visit Before I Die
1) England. I don't know if it's because of my heritage or that I'm watching far too much BBC lately, but I really need to go to England. The lush gardens, the buildings that are older than my entire country, the people, the landscape....
I'm all over this one. Some day...
2) Lahaina, Hawaii. Ok, cheating a little because I've already been here. I was not a fan of Maui until we hit Lahina. It's like Yellow Springs, Ohio. IN THE FRIGGIN PACIFIC TROPICS. Not to mention, they have a Banyan tree in town that takes up an entire city block. There is a market IN THE TREE.
3) Ireland. Um, IT'S GREEN. Lol. Again, castles and buildings older than my mind imagines, and gingers as far as they eye can see. Was that mean? Eh I'm half ginger. And THIS:
4) Bethlehem Israel. The idea of traveling to the Middle East does scare me a little, but I just feel this is a place I need to be before I die. For very deep and personal reasons.
5) Antarctica. This started as a joke from Bren because I'm always too hot. We went to Orlando in the spring and it got above 80 and I wanted to die. He said he'd take me to Antarctica for my next vacation. Joking aside, I'd actually LOVE to see this place. While it's still there. And just LOOK at this:
I guess if that cannot happen I'd settle for Barrow Alaska, the northernmost tip of the US. I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights.
So there you have it. Not your typical vacation spots, but places of sheer beauty like nothing else on earth.