Friday, once again! Yay! I'm looking forward to a nice quiet weekend. Well that was my plan last weekend and it did not quite work out that way. We'll see I guess, heh.
Anyway; on to it! I thought it might be nice to do something uplifting today, so today I bring:
5 Things I am proud to have accomplished
1) My college degree. Sure it's not a very useful one, but hey it's better than nuthin'. College is not easy, and somehow I managed to graduate 11 years ago. Dear god, 11 years already? *whimper*.
2) 5k. I ran my first 5k a few years ago. Well I use the word "run" loosely since I think I walked half of it. But having little to no experience in running I finished it, and that right there was awesome. The next year I managed to actually RUN the entire thing. I was beaming for days. Year after that I beat my time.
3) Directed a well loved and award winning drama. In 2008 I directed a show called "Angels of Lemnos". The script really touched me in many ways. (Please take a second to look at that link. There are some amazing photos from the show!!) I still look back and critique things I could have done better, but over all this show is STILL talked about. And it won the best drama of 2008 in the local paper. I have to give most of the credit to my amazing cast though.
4) Being a (sort of) adult. Somehow I have managed to get and keep employment and maintain a social life on top of that. And kept small bits of my sanity too!! What the? As much as it pains me to say this; I'm a responsible adult. Geh. I even do things like laundry and vacuuming. I need to go cleanse myself with some poop jokes and lewd comments now.
5) Crochet designs. I don't consider myself a designer, but in technical terms I am. I have designed and made my own crocheted items. Mostly my offensive doilies, but a couple other simple things as well. They're not complex clothing items, but gosh darn it I'm proud of my doilies. :) (you can see them if you click that link that says "my original patterns for sale" to the right there. But a head's up, mature content!!)
That's about it. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday and has a great weekend!!