It's Friday, Friday! (Ok smack me for that one) Happy Friday everyone. So, due to a night of terrible sleep, I bring today's sleepy Friday Five:
1) When you're having trouble staying awake, what are some things you do to make sure you don't drift off to sleep?
Coffee does nothing for me anymore. Too heavily addicted. This happens at work a lot more often than I should admit. I typically just get up and walk around my floor. Or if it's really bad I go tot he stairwells and run up and down a few floors. Then I pound some water. A lot of water. Once that blood starts flowing and I'm well hydrated, I feel a ton better.
2) What is most likely to cause you a prolonged period of not enough sleep?
Stress usually. For the most part I sleep pretty well and don't have a lot of problems. I almost never get insomnia anymore, and when I do it's not all that bad. But serious stress will get me to toss and turn a bit. Or that @#$@!ing cricket that sits right outside our window.
3) When you're going through a prolonged period of not enough sleep what parts of your daily routine are likely to change?
Well, motivation and focus I guess are the first things to go. If all I can focus on is not falling asleep it's really hard to focus on anything else.
4) Who in your life seems to regularly not have enough sleep?
Hm. Good question. I honestly don't know. I mean I have a few friends here and there who go through bouts of insomnia, but no one stands out as never sleeping well that I know of.
5) In what ways does your personality change when you go through a prolonged period of not enough sleep?
Well as I said I don't really get prolonged periods of not enough sleep, but on the days when I'm overly tired I guess I just get spacey. I don't get irritable or crazy or anything. I just can't focus and zone out a lot and get bored quickly.
Wow, that was not a very exciting Friday Five. Sorry folks. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting next time. Have a great weekend!!